Monday, March 2, 2015

Daily Thoughts 03/02/2015

Charles West Cope, Maiden Meditation, 1846

Daily Thoughts 03/02/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also read some more of Waking, Dreaming, Being.  I am reading about the concept of the self being a process not a thing.

I spent some time thinking about the collection development policy.  

I finished reading Waking, Dreaming, Being Self and Consciousness in Neuroscience, Meditation, and Philosophy by Evan Thompson.  The last part contained some questions about whether amoebas are conscious and questions about whether living beings become more conscious as they become more complex. It was a very contemplative book.  If you are interested in meditation and how awareness works this book has a lot of depth.

I started reading Trigger Warning Short Fictions and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman.  I started by reading The Case of Death and Honey which is a Sherlock Holmes story.  It includes the death of Mycroft Holmes.  The second short story I read was Nothing O'clock which is a Doctor Who story.

Web Bits



LAPL, Self-E, Surprising States Self Publishing and Libraries

IDEO Designing Better Libraries

No comments: