Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Daily Thoughts 03/04/2015

A father giving his son a new picture book, from a school reader published in 1869

Daily Thoughts 03/04/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

On the way to work, I read some more of Trigger Warning.  The short stories are often dark and a bit scary.  I also read a bit more of The Second Machine Age.  This is the second time I am reading this book. There is a bit on how to deal with changing technology at a personal level with ones job.

I read the March Bookpage.  There is a book called Werewolf Cop by Andrew Klavan.  I have seen the theme of the werewolf as security guard, cop, or detective mainly in short stories.  It should be entertaining.


Two books came in for me to read, The Occupyers by Michael A. Gould-Wartofsky which is about Occupy Wall Street and Hurricane Fever by Tobias Buckell which is a technothriller.  I also checked out Messages The Communication Skills Book by Matthew McKay, Ph.D. which we recently purchased.

I spent some time talking with Gale about our new collection of e-books, the Gale Jobs and Careers Library.  Earlier in the day, I talked to ABC-CLIO about setting up the African American Experience database.

On Friday, there will be e-reader training for the staff.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Access Class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

We are getting a new telephone system tomorrow.

On the way home, I read some more of Trigger Warning. I like how the fantasy elements mix in with ordinary life.

Web Bits

Message from the New Rochelle Public Library Director
http://newrochelle.dailyvoice.com/opinion/message-new-rochelle-public-library-director


Libraries Don’t Need More Advocacy, They Need Better Advocacy
http://www.cilip.org.uk/cilip/blog/libraries-don-t-need-more-advocacy-they-need-better-advocacy


No comments: