Thursday, March 26, 2015

Daily Thoughts 03/26/2015

Shen Zhou Reading in Autumn Scenery, Palace Museum, Beijing, 15th Century
Daily Thoughts 03/26/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I finished reading The Mechanical by Ian Tregellis.  It was a satisfying read.  I liked the alternate history angle of the French versus the Dutch.   I also liked the idea of pitting alchemy versus chemistry.  It made for an entertaining story.  The bits on machines having free will or being controlled were also well done.  This is a captivating fantasy with a unique setting.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.   I also worked on a flyer for an upcoming digital photography class in May.  I am starting to put out books on poetry today.

We had the book club meeting for The Second Machine Age by Erik Brynjolfsson and Andrew McAfee.  It was interesting discussing the book.  More people came and checked out the book than came to the book club which is something that has not happened before.  We are reading Mom and Me and Mom by Maya Angelou for the Thursday, April 23, 2015 book club from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. 

I read another copy of the Times Literary Supplement and the April 2015 Forecast from Baker and Taylor.

I checked out the book Werewolf Cop by Andrew Klavan.

Web Bits


ALA President Responds to House Proposal to Eliminate IMLS

No comments: