Monday, March 23, 2015

Daily Thoughts 03/23/2015

Portrait of a Man Writing In His Study, Gustave Caillebotte, 1885
Daily Thoughts 03/23/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Mechanical.  I like how intelligent machines are described as being servants.  How they are controlled with alchemical geas is interesting.  There are even descriptions of a secret language which only the machines can hear.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also spent some time discussing programming this morning.

The book, Information Doesn't Want to Be Free Laws for the Internet Age by Cory Doctorow came in for me to read.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Beginning Microsoft Word class from 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. tonight.

I spent some time updating the Bookletters pages for Fiction and Nonfiction today.

I also spent some time scheduling programming today.

I started reading Information Doesn't Want to Be Free by Cory Doctorow. The Introduction includes parts by Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer.  Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman are Having a Baby.
http://www.adweek.com/galleycat/amanda-palmer-neil-gaiman-are-having-a-baby/100711 
The book itself is about creativity and copyrights.  It is an argument against digital rights management. Cory Doctorow also argues against Watermarks.

Web Bits


Reader Helps Tell Story of Detroit Libraries 150 Years

Why Not Utopia?

Ink On Paper: On the Beauty of Typewritten Book Covers

No comments: