Sunday, March 29, 2015

Daily Thoughts 03/29/2015

Portrait of Chino Hyogo at His Writing Desk, Katsushika Hokusai, 1835

Daily Thoughts 03/29/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I spent some time on the library survey.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PXYDLNH

I also watched a little bit of the documentary Fed Up which is about processed foods and sugar and how it is making many children severely obese.  The movie is a challenge to the food industry about how much sugar there is in food.  Katie Couric is the main voice of the film.

There are a couple of interviews with Michael Pollan in the film.  Michael Pollan wrote the books In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manual, Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation, The Omnivore's Dilemma, The Pollan Family Table, and many other books about food.

I read the New York Times Book Review today.  I bought a copy of the Sunday New York Times.  I don't usually do this.  It has gone up to $5 for the Sunday newspaper.  I read it at the laundromat.

Web Bits


Vote to Decide Fate of Purchase's Library
Of interest to Westchester residents.

Queens Library Seeks Public Funding
Part of ongoing building maintenance crisis in the libraries of the 5 boroughs of Manhattan.

Documents Reveal Long Trail of Library Privatization Talk
General interest.

Doors, Radiohead Preserved by Library of Congress

No comments: