Monday, March 9, 2015

Daily Thoughts 03/09/2015

Portrait of a Physician in His Library, 1637, Cornelis Janssens van Ceulen
Daily Thoughts 03/09/2015

I read some of Messaging, The Communication Skills Book this morning.  I am reading about listening skills.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the gift books and the displays.  I placed an order this morning for new books.

There is an online job search class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight.

I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read. 

I went to a board meeting today which went fairly well.  We should be starting our survey soon.

Web Bits

Publisher Revenue Plummets as Novelty of E-books Wanes
http://goodereader.com/blog/e-book-news/publisher-revenue-plummets-as-the-novelty-of-e-books-wane


Lost Libraries and Broken Buddhas War Iconoclasm and Social Media
The history of cultural destruction as a propaganda tool.

The Cost of Paying Attention



In the Memory Ward  The Warburg is Britain's Most Eccentric and Original Library.  Can It Survive?
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/03/16/in-the-memory-ward



No comments: