Friday, March 6, 2015

Daily Thoughts 03/06/2015


The Ghost Story, Frederick Smallfield, 1916

Daily Thoughts 03/06/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.

I read some more of The Second Machine Age.  I am reading about how smart phones will make it easier to spread information and innovation to a greater number of people around the world.

I spent some more time working on databases today.  I also contacted Lehman college about Latino scholars for the American Library Association grant.

I turned in the monthly report for February.

I replaced a few books on healthcare.

On the way home, I read some more of The Second Machine Age.  I am reading about the process of how machines replace repetitive and routine labor in the workplace.  This inordinately affects middle class jobs often eliminating jobs like accountants, clerks, customer service, bank tellers and similar people.   People have non-routine tasks like financial analysis or hair care are less likely to lose their jobs.   There is a second factor in this, it tends to reward people who have specialized skills making their careers more lucrative.

Web Bits



MLS Required

No comments: