Friday, March 27, 2015

Daily Thoughts 03/27/2015

Bouquet of Dahlias and White Book, 1923, Henri Matisse

Daily Thoughts 03/27/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  The library is showing Makers, Women Who Make America today.  The documentary was quite interesting.  We watched the episodes on Women in Hollywood and Women in Business.

I started reading Werewolf Cop by Andrew Klavan on the way to work.  It starts very much like a police procedural novel.

I spent some time working on programming this morning focusing on flyers and dates for events.

I also checked the gift books and the displays.


I read the April Bookpage and picked out a few books to order.  I have a couple copies of Publishers Weekly and a copy of Booklist which I need to read.


I finished reading Werewolf Cop by Andrew Klavan.  It is a mix of supernatural with police procedural.  The story is very much about what it means to be corrupt inside in a way that is evil.  At the same time it shows how a person can be incorruptible.

I liked how the book was put together.  It had a real sense of back story.  Europe was falling apart with gangsterism, right wing nazis, leftist riots, union riots, and corruption.   This was starting to spread to the United States.  At least part of the corruption is supernatural in nature, bolstered by crime which adds to the problem.

I did not find the supernatural part to be particularly scary.  It was more about darkness, regret from uncontrollable violent actions, and anger than fear.  The werewolf part of the story is about rooting out hidden evil and seeing peoples souls as they are.   There is a historical tension in the story created by the past souls who have not succeeded in finishing the quest that the hero of the novel completes. It was refreshing to read.  It was also very fast paced.

Web Bits


Decaying Libraries Crumbling Futures

April is Autism Awareness Month-- Partner Up to Reach Families in Your Community

No comments: