Friday, April 1, 2016

Daily Thoughts 04/01/2016


Reading - Nicolae Vermont
Reading, Nicolae Vermont, 1919

 Daily Thoughts 04/01/2016

I rested a little bit on the way to work.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook today.

I checked the gift books and the displays here.

I spent time working with ADP to create a monthly schedule for the staff who work under me.  It is a new administrative experience.

April is National Poetry Month.  I put a display together of poetry books.  A colleague created a display of books by Audre Lorde who worked at the Mount Vernon Public Library for a while.

They are looking at creating an area for teens with computers.

I also gathered some statistics for a report.

We are continuing to work on the grant for the Preservation Assessment.

I went grocery shopping and bought some refreshments for the one man play tomorrow from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., W.E.B. DuBois, A Man for All Time.

I finished reading The Complete Guide to Acquisitions Management Second Edition By Frances C. Wilkinson, Linda K. Lewis, and Rebecca L. Lubas.  It was a solid basic overview of the processes involved.  I rather liked the section on binding and repairing materials.  There is an index, glossary, and a guide to websites, magazines, and organizations which I plan on looking through more closely tomorrow.


Web Bits


Library Advocates Fend  Off Kansas Legislative Threat

Librarians Fight Rise of Precarious Work-- Canada

Library Offers Homeless People Mental Health Services, and its Working

No comments: