Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Daily Thoughts 04/19/2016

File:Gregor PeruĊĦek - Still Life (2).jpg
Harvey Gregory Prusheck, Still Life, 1940

Daily Thoughts 04/19/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I started reading Teach Yourself Visually Excel 2016 by Paul McFedries.

I read the latest copy of the Ingram Advance.

Tonight is the Mount Vernon Public Library Foundation Open House from 6:00-8:30 p.m..   I am going to be demonstrating some of our electronic resources with our tablets.

I spent some time getting the tablets ready for tonight.  I also talked about posters for events that are coming up.

I learned that Overdrive is now selling DC comics.

A colleague and I sat and gave people flyers for the computer classes, handed out bookmarks for Hoopla, postcards for Indieflix, and bookmarks for Lynda.com We discussed the Hoopla Digital service as well as the Overdrive e-book service.  Another colleague talked about her sewing projects which she donates to local hospitals and gives for charity in Africa.

There was a nice spread for the open house tonight.  They gave out small sandwiches, appetizers, and fruit punch.  The board of trustees discussed some of the planned improvements for the library like a new children's bathroom, more digital services, and more new books.

Web Bits


You Can Go Home Again: The Transformative Joy of Rereading

Supreme Court Affirms Google Books Scans of Copyrighted Works Are Fair Use

Morocco: One of the World's Oldest Libraries is Renovated


No comments: