Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Daily Thoughts 04/13/2016

File:P.S. Krøyer - Roses. Marie Krøyer seated in the deckchair in the garden by Mrs Bendsen's house - Google Art Project.jpg
Peder Severin Kroyer, Roses.  Marie Kroyer seated in the deck chair in the garden by Mrs. Bendsen's House. (1893)

Daily Thoughts 04/13/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Grit.  I am reading about how practice has a very powerful effect.  It improves both talent and skills.  It reminds me of the idea that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to master a new skill.

I put in an order of books to Brodart today focused on healthy cooking.  Based on our circulation statistics in Report Station, healthy cooking books focusing on subjects like the ketogenic diet, anti-inflammatory diet,  vegetarianism, and gluten free cooking are very popular.  Also books on juicing and healthy smoothies are popular as well.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also printed up a few flyers and did a report in Report Station for a list of all the children's dvds.

I spent some time working with the weeding tablet.  I like that it is very easy to identify missing items. I am checking the religious section right now.

I spent some time working on scheduling as well today.

I read a copy of Publishers Weekly and checked through some prepub alerts for forthcoming books.

Web Bits


Talk To Your Librarian How To Realize Your Libraries Future

Librarianship Across Borders The Value of Connecting

Inside Rome's Enlightenment Library


No comments: