Saturday, April 16, 2016

Daily Thoughts 04/16/2016

Wilhelm Löwith – The Library.jpg
Wilhelm Lowith, The Library, January 1900

Daily Thoughts 04/16/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Grit.  I am reading about how a defining purpose can lead you forward in your career and help reach long term goals in life.  This book is very focused and is not about promising the world, but how to attain goals and stay on track.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I read the latest Bookpage.  I also looked at some of the statistics from The Westchester IT Wiki.  http://it.westchesterlibraries.org/

There is a photo shoot of the computer lab to show about a Scratch programming class that was taught on March 21st through March 25th for children at the Mount Vernon Public Library.

I checked out the book, The Art of Social Media Power Tips for Power Users by Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick. I am looking at a book called Howard Pyle, Writer, Illustrator, Founder of the Brandywine School by Henry C. Pitz.  Pyle influenced many of the fantasy illustrators that are working today.

Web Bits


Supporting Library Staff Technology Training

A New Yorker State of Mind at the Public Library

Canadian Library Writes Letter to Patrons With Foul Body Odor

No comments: