Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Daily Thoughts 04/06/2016


Public Library Cairo, Illinois 1917.jpg
Public Library, Cairo, Illinois, 1917


Daily Thoughts 04/06/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.



Next Week April 10-16 is National Library Week
http://www.ala.org/conferencesevents/celebrationweeks/natlibraryweek



I read some more of Originals. I am reading about the failed Segway.   Adam Grant is writing about how it is important to generate lots of ideas in order to be recognized, not just one or two.


I checked the displays and the gift books. 


I spent some time weeding.


I am working on my monthly report for last month.  I have some statistics to gather.


I generated a report on what has circulated from our orders in the last 3 years.


I placed an order for military books.  There was an Ingram catalog for military titles in my email.


I have to start planning for summer reading.


Tonight, there is

Web Bits

A Homeless Person Enters The Library.  The Librarian Smiles.

BBC Digital Expert Tony Ageh Poached by New York Public Library

Incentives Spur Library's '1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Program

No comments: