Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Daily Thoughts 04/20/2016

Still Life. Table, books, and the pipes. - Pyotr Konchalovsky
Peter Konchalovsky, Still Life, Table, Books, and the Pipes, 1929

Daily Thoughts 04/20/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Teach Yourself Visually Excel 2016 on the way to work.

I checked the gift books and the displays today.  I also checked the time clock.

I did a report from Directors Station for periodicals at our library.

I checked out the book, The Presidents and UFOs Secret History from FDR to Obama by Larry Holcomeb with a Foreword by Stanton T. Friedman.

There is a Managing Your Media Devices class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

My colleague is a doing an Adult Coloring Book Club from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

There is also a Mount Vernon Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Turstees room.  I am going to this.  I have been going to most of the monthly meeting lately to watch what is happening with salary negotiations and other issues.

Web Bits


The Once and Future Library

Books Cannot Become Mere ‘Content’

ALA Urges House, Senate Approps Subcommittees To Support LSTA, IAL



2 comments:

norton.com/setup said...

I impressed. How are you manage all of this?

Book Calendar said...

I do one thing at a time every day. Certain things like checking displays, if they are continuously maintained don't take a lot of time. I also break my time into segments. Four segments a day. In each segment, I focus on a specific type of activity. I also read on the train which makes the reading possible. If I drove, I would probably be listening to audiobooks.