Monday, December 7, 2015

Daily Thoughts 12/07/2015

Wilhelm Löwith – The Library.jpg
Wilhelm Lowith, 1900, The Library

Daily Thoughts 12/07/2015

I rested on the way to work on the train.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also checked the displays and the gift books.

I am training a person to be a computer clerk for the public computers and the computer lab.

I  have the holiday issue of the New York Times Book Review, the December Baker and Taylor Forecast, and two copies of Publishers Weekly to read through.

I did a little more work with programming.

I placed an order for new books today.

I contacted the NEDCC today about what it would take to get a preservation assessment done.
https://www.nedcc.org/assessments-and-consultations/working-with-preservation-needs-assessments

On the way home, I read some of the book, Nemesis Games by James S.A. Corey.  It is space opera set in the earth solar system.

Web Bits

New laws to Help Advance Technology in Libraries
http://patch.com/new-york/tarrytown/new-laws-help-advance-technology-libraries



Barnes and Noble Has Been Destroyed by Amazon

The Trouble With E-books

Proposal Calls for Ray Bradbury Museum at Shuttered Library


No comments: