Monday, December 14, 2015

Daily Thoughts 12/14/2015

Philosopher in Meditation - Rembrandt

Philosopher in Meditation, 1632, Rembrandt

Daily Thoughts 12/14/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.


I rested on the way to work.


I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also spent some time talking to a new hire about setting up an e-mail account.


I spent some time making sure the flyers for programs were updated.


I also read through several review magazines, Publishers Weekly, Times Literary Supplement, and the Holiday issue of the New York Times Book Review.  I started working on my orders for new books for next week.  I placed a hold on the book, The New and Improved Romie Futch: A Novel by Julia Elliott which is fantasy in a modern setting.  It was reviewed in the New York Times Book Review.


I spent some time thinking about a report for the Strategic Plan.  I am on the Strategic Planning Committee.  I also am thinking about the computer classes for January and February.


There is a Fundamentals of Computers class tonight and a Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight.

I read some more of Twain and Stanley Enter Paradise.  Oscar Hijuelos worked on the manuscript for over twelve years.  His wife turned it in for publication.  He visited many of the places in the novel.  There is an afterword for this novel.

Web Bits 


Dr. Seuss: Scientists May Have Figured Out What Makes the Writers Work So Funny
 

No comments: