Thursday, December 3, 2015

Daily Thoughts 12/3/2015

A Young Woman Reading - Rembrandt
A Young Woman Reading, Rembrandt, 1634

Daily Thoughts 12/3/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

I read some more of The Glass Castle.   I am finding the story both fascinating and disturbing.  The father in the memoir is both brilliant, erratic, and completely unreliable.  Combined with an artistic, free spirited, irresponsible wife, the story becomes tragic in its dimensions.  The children have to fend for themselves, often going hungry, or facing danger.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I worked a little bit on a Star Wars display of books.  Star Wars The Force Awakens is opening on December 18, 2015.

I read the latest Bookpage and two copies of the Times Literary Supplement.  I am working on an order of books for next week.

I also spent some time talking to Better World Books.


Web Bits


in the city that spends the most on books, it's only indies now

Digital Inclsion Survey: Renovation Matters, Help Happens at Point of Need, and Staff Still DO (Almost) Everything

 

No comments: