Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Daily Thoughts 12/16/2015

Mosquito Nets
John Singer Sargent, Mosquito Nets, 1908

Daily Thoughts 12/16/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and spent some time printing up flyers.

I also read through the latest copy of the Ingram Advance.  I placed two books on hold, Nonviolent Communication A Language of Life by Marshall B. Rosenberg and Secular Meditation: 32 Practices for Cultivating  Inner Peace, Compassion, and Joy : A Guide from the Humanist Community at Harvard by Rick Heller.

I did a bit of orientation for three new on call librarians at the reference desk.

There is an Intermediate Excel class tonight.

I watched part of the fourteen minute film Ellis which we are screening on Saturday.  It is on Youtube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqLFq7WOO0g

I am going to the Mount Vernon Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting tonight.


Web Bits


How Archaeology Influenced Agatha Christie

Ingram Buys Direct Sales Company Aer.io

Mayor to Back Library Sale Because of Ties to Condo Developer, Critics Say (Brooklyn Heights)

No comments: