Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Daily Thoughts 12/22/2015

Still Life with Statuette and Books - Samuel Peploe
Still Life with Statuette and Books, Samuel Peploe, 1923

Daily Thoughts 12/22/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some of Petty The Biography by Warren Zanes.  Th;is is a book about Tom Petty, the rock star.  It is about growing up with a singular interest in music, and not being particular good at other things.  Tom Petty fails at being a groundskeeper, dish washer, funeral home worker and proves to have no interest in school.

His work is music and it is what keeps him going.  I learned that there was another book called Runnin' Down a Dream on Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

I read through a copy of the New York Times Book Review and the latest Bookpage.  I spent some time on preparing orders for new books for next week.

I talked to a colleague about library statistics.  The statistics for 2014 for the Westchester Library System are available here.  http://www.westchesterlibraries.org/wp-content/files/pdfs/about-wls/WLS_ML_Statistics_2014.pdf

I spent some time working on scheduling for January.  I also scheduled myself to go to the New York Metropolitan Library Council council  on January 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. http://metro.org/events/695/   In addition to scheduling for programs, I spent some time working on the schedule for January and February adult computer classes.

I checked out the movie, The End of the Tour which is about the relationship between David Foster Wallace and the journalist David Lipsky.

I checked the displays and the gift books.




Web Bits


New York Public Library Gets Ready for Its Next Chapter
 

No comments: