Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Daily Thoughts 12/09/2015

Allegory of Teaching c1600.jpg

Allegory of Teaching, (teaching women with a birch rod, girl student with an alphabet chart, table with three books titles Donatus,Diomedes and Prisicianus, view of a inner city scene through the open door), 1600 Andreas Praefcke

Daily Thoughts 12/09/2015

I read the paper this morning on the subway.  I also had my morning coffee.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I spent a little time updating Booksite today.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

We had a meeting to work on the strategic plan today.  I dug out some old information on the planning committees.

We are having security training today for incidents at the library.

I have a copy of Booklist and the December Forecast to read.

I wrote my monthly report today

On the way home, I read some of Twain & Stanley Enter Paradise by Oscar Hijuelos.  This novel was released after the authors death.  It is a historical novel about the friendship between Mark Twain and Henry Morton Stanley.

Web Bits


‘May the books be with you!': Padawans embrace Star Wars at Library of Congress

City's Decision on Brooklyn Heights Libary Sale Set for Thursday


No comments: