Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/02/2017

Ane Hedvig Broendum Sitting at the Table.jpg
Ana Hedvig Broendum Sitting at the Table, 1909

Daily Thoughts 08/02/2017

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I read some more of Getting Started in Stock Analysis.  I am reading about charting, candlestick patterns, and channel lines.  It reminds me a little of fortune telling with tea leaves.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I am looking at the Community Reinvestment Act.  Banks have to give a certain amount back to their community through loans and equity.

I spent a little time working on programming.  We are putting together an annual calendar of events.  I also read a copy of the Times Literary Supplement.

I worked some on the Libraries Ready to Code grant from Google.  I am almost done filling in the form.

Mount Vernon Public Library is doing a Read Down Your Fines program.
http://mountvernonpubliclibrary.org/st-pauls-church/

The graphic novels, Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol and Brain Camp by Susan Kim have come in for me to read.  I enjoyed reading them on the train home.  It was a chance to relax.

I also finished reading Getting Started In Stock Analysis Illustrated Edition by Michael C. Thomsett on the way home.  The last part was on moment focusing on being overbought or oversold.  I learned a lot about technical analysis from this book.  While, it is not fundamental, it will give me a better sense of when to buy a particular stock.

Web Bits


Five Lessons for Libraries Looking to Innovate in the 21st Century



No comments: