Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/08/2017

File:Library1812.jpg
 19th-century painting representing Alexander I's visit to the Russian National Library on January 2, 1812.


Daily Thoughts 08/08/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.


I finished reading Trend Trading for Dummies by A. Wiley Brand on the way to work.  A. Wiley Brand reminds us that fear and grade are two emotions that can destroy a trader.  He tells us unless you are feeling well don't trade stocks.  I found the book to be useful.


I finished reading No One Is Coming to Save Us by Stephanie Powell Watts.  This is truly exceptional writing.  The author creates tension and an unexpected, but satisfying ending to the book.  It is the book we are reading for the book club this month.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I did some work with scheduling.

I sat down and wrote my monthly report with statistics today.  There were a few new things I added.  One of the clerks who works for me is helping with resumes.

We are also working on the summer reading program.

The Crochet Group met today in the fiction room from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

I got good news.  I got at least part of the Arts Westchester grant.  I have to tell the people who are working with me.  I am going to the awards ceremony on the 17th of August.

I checked out the book, Adding Value to Libraries, Archives, and Museums Harnessing the Force that Drives Your Organizations Future by Joseph R. Matthews.

Web Bits


A Visit To Senator Tester's Field Office

Bipartisan Bill Would Support Library Wifi

Boxmobile  The Book Mobile Alternative

The Long, Accident Prone History of Getting the Library Congress Out of the Capitol Building

Inside Trinity's Long Room Library- More Magical Than Hogwarts

No comments: