Friday, August 11, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/11/2017


Kitagawa Utamaro - Young Woman Reading as Older Woman Writes - MFA Boston 11.2158.jpg
Kitagawa Utamaro - Young Woman Reading as Older Woman Writes, Circa 1806

Daily Thoughts 08/11/2017

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.


I rested for a little bit on the train, then I read Adding Value to Libraries, Archives, and Museums.  I am reading about collaborating online and sharing information through social media.


I checked the gift books and the displays.

I spent some time discussing the Community Reinvestment Act from the banks as well as some ADA issues.

I spent some time reading through the New York Times Bestseller Lists and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller Lists.

I watched the video of the Westchester Central Library Status committee during lunch.

I turned in my final assignment for the Planning and Management of Library Buildings class today.  It was for a new digital media lab.

Web Bits

Social Media and Libraries Survey-- Techsoup and Webjunction
http://www.webjunction.org/news/webjunction/social-media-libraries-survey.html
I took the survey.


What Happened to Google's Effort to Scan Millions of University Library Books?

Maurice Sendak’s Little Know and Lovely Posters Celebrating Books and the Joy of Reading

No comments: