Thursday, August 17, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/17/2017

Lewis Carroll - Henry Holiday - Hunting of the Snark - Plate 2.jpg
Henry Holiday (1839-1927) after Lewis Carroll [Real name: Charles Lutwidge Dodgson] (1832-1896) - The Hunting of the Snark: An Agony in Eight Fits by Lewis Carroll, MacMillan and Co, Limited, St. Martin's Street, London, 1931.

Daily Thoughts 08/17/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read a little bit more of The Joy of Less on the way to work.

I checked the gift books and the displays today.

I also spent some time looking over the oversize books.

I went to the Mount Vernon Awards Ceremony for Arts Westchester.  We got part of the money for a grant for Hispanic Heritage month.  This should be very nice.  It was at 6:00 p.m.

I checked the books, The Stone Sky and The Fifth Season by N.K, Jemisin.  The Fifith Season won the 2016 Hugo Award.

I will be working on an order of Spanish language books with a colleague.

I finished reading The Joy of Less A Minimalist Guide to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify by Francine Jay on the way home.  The last part is how to live a minimalist lifestyle focusing on consuming less and experiencing more.  I also read a bit more of The New Librarianship Field Guide by R. David Lankes.

Web Bits


Message from Reshma Shaujani, Founder of Girls Who Code

How Libraries Can Turn Stories Into Maker Projects

After clashes with white nationalists, U-Va. Library Employee Suffers a Stroke


No comments: