Thursday, August 10, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/10/2017



Portrait of Adelaida Simonovich.jpg
Portrait of Adelaida Simonovich. 1889. Oil on canvas. The Russian Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia.

Daily Thoughts 08/10/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook today.

I read a little bit more of The Joy of Less today.  I am reading about cleaning up living rooms.
I also read some more of Adding Value to Libraries, Museums, and Archives.  I am reading about large electronic content aggregators like the Digital Public Library of America and The Internet Archive.  I read a little bit more of The New Librarianship Field Guide.  A central idea in this book is that librarians work to create knowledge through conversations.

I worked a little bit on schedules.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I spent some time looking over oversize books.

I also spent some time checking on the Adult Summer Reading Program.  The Adult Summer Reading Finale is on August 23rd at 6:00 p.m..  Cookie Thomas will be performing at the finale.

I looked at http://www.libraryreads.org  today.

I did a list of Children's Books for Bookletters as well as a list of Young Adult books for Bookletters.

I also spent an hour looking through library policies.

There is a video of the Central Library Study Committee for tonight.


Web Bits


Keep Mount Vernon Public Library Central Status

Overdrives Libby App to Include Remote Library Card Signup

No comments: