Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/29/2017

A Man Reading by Thomas Sword Good.jpg
A Man Reading, Thomas Sword Good, 1826


Daily Thoughts 08/29/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I sent a little money to the Texas Library Disaster Relief Fund
https://squareup.com/store/txla/

I read some more of Stellar Customer Service this morning.  I am reading about having a user centered approach to customer service focused on design thinking.

I read some more of My Favorite Thing Is Monsters as well.  There are some great backstories in this graphic including some material on the holocaust and the death of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  I like how the main character, Karen Reyes views another child named Franklin as a Frankenstein with a heart of gold.  Emil Ferris does a good job of showing some of the darkest as well as best aspects of human nature.

I placed a hold on the book, Creating Policies for Results from Chaos to Clarity by Sandra S. Nelson and June Garcia, Public Library Association, 2003.

I talked to the Northeast Document Conservation Center today.
https://www.nedcc.org/


Web Bits


How to Get Kids to Look Away from their Screens and Take Pleasure in Books

Encore: growing up in the hidden apartments of New York City's Libraries.

Everylibrary, Follett Partner to Save School Librarians

Blood, Bookworms, Bosoms and Bottoms:  The Secret Life of Libraries

ALA Comments to the FDLP

I Saved Every Letter You Wrote Me: The Library of Congress Digitizes Hamilton


No comments: