Thursday, August 24, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/24/2017


The Poet on the Mountaintop, 1500, Shen Zhou

Daily Thoughts 08/24/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

There is a Rainforest Butterflies program tonight at the library from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the community room.

I read some more of Creative Library Marketing and Publicity last night.  I am reading about setting up a social media strategy.  Our library has to work on getting some more photograph oriented sites up like Instagram which reaches a younger audience.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I spent some time going over shifting with a person who works with me.  We are shifting the 900s.

I checked some of the short story collection.

I put in two orders of books.  I also put in the order for Spanish books.

The Rainforest Butterflies Program went very well tonight.  There was very good turnout.

Web Bits

September 2017 Is Library Card Sign Up Month
http://www.ilovelibraries.org/article/library-card-sign-month-2017


New Ideas In Congress for Supporting Libraries

In practice: School's Redesigned Library of the Future Leads to Deeper Learning

No comments: