Saturday, August 26, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/26/2017


Copyright Page of the Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, 1899

Daily Thoughts 08/26/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I am looking at Kanopy which is a new service from the New York Times.

https://www.kanopystreaming.com/

I read the graphic novel, Monstress Volume 2, The Blood last night.  It is beautifully rendered.  I like the combination of ancient Lovecraftian horror, magic, Asian mythology, and anthropomorphism in this comic.  It is one of the best comics I have seen recently.

I spent some time working on scheduling for computer classes this morning.

I am also working on preparing for programs for Hispanic Heritage month.

On the way home, I read some of Stellar Customer Service, Training Library Staff to Exceed Expectation by Mou Chakrabouty, Editor.  The book reminds us that everyone should participate in customer service training, not just the frontline staff.

Web Bits


This Little Known LA Library Offers A Look Into Political Movements of the Past

No comments: