Sunday, November 4, 2018

Daily Thoughts 11/04/2018

A Cosey Corner
A Cosy Corner, Frank Millet, 1884

Daily Thoughts 11/04/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I got the first proposal for doing a math and science program at the library this morning.

I read some more of Who We Are and How We Got Here.  I am reading about the contentions of using DNA on ancient Native American remains.  Earlier, I read about caste in India as well as endogamous marriage practices and how they affected heredity.  There is a lot of very contentious and controversial material in this book.  The author tries to be as fair as possible.

I read some more of Stop Workplace Drama as well.  I am reading about gaps between what needs to be done and how things are done.

Web Bits



Challenge, Change, Opportunity

Privacy and the Public Library:  NYPL's Chief Digital Officer Looks to Raise Awareness in Seattle Visit

Anti-Tax Fervor Closed Their Libraries.  Now Residents Are Trying to Go it Alone

No comments: