Saturday, November 17, 2018

Daily Thoughts 11/17/2018

File:A Quiet Read by William Kay Blacklock.jpg
A Quiet Read, William Kay Blacklock, circa 1900

Daily Thoughts 11/17/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I rested on the way to work.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

The Garden Club is meeting today from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.  I had one of their cups of coffee.

Also, the English Language Learners Group is meeting as well at 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

We discussed literacy a little bit.

I also spent some time looking at flyers with a colleague.

I am looking at Mergent right now.  I generated a consumer list based on book buying, book reading and income for Mount Vernon, New York.

I placed some holds for The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan.  The Garden Club is planning on reading the book.  I placed some holds on The Library Book by Susan Orlean for the book club for next month.


Web Bits



How Libraries Can Help Readers Become Writers

No comments: