Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Daily Thoughts 11/13/2018

Ivana Kobilca - Parizanka s pismom.jpg
Parizanka Pismom, Ivana Kobilca, 1892

Daily Thoughts 11/13/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read The Painted Art Journal 24 Projects for Creating Visual Narrative by Jeanne Oliver.  I often read these books to learn about different art techniques.  I find it interesting reading about gesso, image transfers, painting and other artistic techniques.  It helps me understand what patrons want.  I am not a painter.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also placed some orders for new books.

I printed up some more business and computer bookmarks.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review.

I spent some time looking at books that are not in the system.

I updated the ADP scheduling for my department.

We are doing a comics display for Stan Lee who just died.

I read through the latest copies of Library Journal and Booklist today.

I also checked out the book, The Organized Mind Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload by Daniel J. Levitin.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers class tonight and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Web Bits


Stan Lee, Marvel Comics Impresario, Dies at 95

Pick Up A Book and Pedal As More Montreal Libraries Get Bicycle Desks

Amazon Picks NYC, Arlington VA as New HQ Sites

No comments: