Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Daily Thoughts 11/07/2018

File:FictionHouse house ad.jpg
House ad, Fiction House (defunct magazine & comics publisher), Wings #61, 1945, Fiction House

Daily Thoughts 11/07/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I spent some time working on bookmarks this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

Right now, I am listening to Mariko Tamaki who is talking about how superhero comics are written.  It is part of LibraryCon Live.

I visited the online exhibitor spaces.  Lionforge had a very nice booth with a couple articles on the company.


‘There Are a Lot of Stories That Need to be Told’
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/09/business/stories-need-to-be-told.html

Lionforge Is a New Kind of Comics Publisher
https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/publisher-news/article/78178-lion-forge-is-a-new-kind-of-comics-publisher.html

I read some more of Who We Are and How We Got Here last night.  I learned that there are restrictions on DNA leaving China for study.  Also, the Han Chinese are the largest ethnic group in the world.

I also read some more of Stop Workplace Drama.  I am reading about integrity and telling the truth.

I printed up some fliers for programming and finished editing some bookmarks.

Web Bits

2018 World Fantasy Awards


British Library to Open Exhibition About Literature’s Favorite Cats



No comments: