Saturday, October 11, 2008

Morning Thoughts

Illustration 11 of Edgar Allan Poe's Raven by Gustave Dore (1832-1883)
"Dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."


Morning Thoughts

I was on the OUPBlog and noticed a book which I want to read, Reading the OED by Ammon Shea. I put the book on reserve last night. I know that I like his writing already because he has written several articles on the OUPBlog already which I enjoyed. Here is a link to one of them:
http://blog.oup.com/2008/10/book_spine/

Joe Haldeman has a new book, Marsbound. I think it might be good. I rather liked his classic work, the Forever War. My favorite book by him is All My Sins Remembered about a future spy who does many morally questionable actions. It would be nice to see it in print again. This is Joe Haldeman's website. http://home.earthlink.net/~haldeman/

I submitted a poem to Society of Midnight Wanderers today. I have a book review up on there right now. You wonder if it makes you a writer if people start posting your work on other blogs. It intrigues me a bit. Does this make me published? Or am I only published if I get money for a piece. I am not particularly interested in the money right now. It is more of the opportunity to make a statement than anything else.

No comments: