Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tides, Alan Moore

Tsunami by Hokusai


Tides

The tide rolls in
The tide rolls out

It never stops
That rolling about

Ebbing and flowing
Into day and night

Rising and sinking
With sun and moon

The tide comes in
The tide goes out

I did not go anywhere last night. No bookstores, no library. I took down and reread three works by the writer Alan Moore; The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volumes 1 and 2, and Watchmen. The graphic novel Watchmen is being turned into a movie. It won the Hugo Award for its writing. Alan Moore also wrote V for Vendetta which I have read as a graphic novel but have not seen in film. I will probably get around to it sometime soon. He is one of my favorite comic book writers. He reminds me of a cross between an english country gentlemen and rather crazed cunning man.

No comments: