Thursday, May 1, 2014

Daily Thoughts 05/01/2014

The Bookseller Blok, Vincent Van Gogh, 1882

Daily Thoughts 05/01/2014

On the way to work, I read some more of Opportunity Knocks.  I am reading about Steve Case the founder of America Online.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time working with the oversize books.  I also did a few updates for Bookletters.  May is National Inventors Month.


I am planning for BEA Book Expo America,  I signed up for the AAP Annual Librarians Dinner at the Yale Club on Wednesday, May 28 at 6:30 p.m. as well as the Librarians Lunch on Thursday, May 29 from 12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
 
I plan on visiting the Librarians Lounge as well as a variety of exhibitors for this Book Expo America.  There are a few featured booths like Arcadia Publishing and Overdrive which I will stop by and take a look at.like BEA Selects Mystery/Thrillers on Thursday, May 29, 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on the Uptown Stage, the AAP Annual Librarians Book Buzz Part 1,on Thursday, May 29 at 2:15 p.m., The Best in Fall Graphic Novels 2014, on Thursday, May 29 at 4:00 p.m. at the uptown stage, on Friday, May 30, I plan on going the AAP Annual Librarians Book Buzz Part II from 2:00 p.m. to 3:20 p.m., also the 6th Annual Librarian Shout and Share on Friday, May 30, from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
 
 I am going to write a list of exhibitors I would like to see.  There are over 900 exhibitors listed.  The show is positively gigantic.

I have a VIP pass which makes things easier in some ways.  There is a lounge with coffee and internet access for people with VIP access.

I definitely plan on stopping by the Startup Alley at Book Expo America.  It should be quite interesting.
http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/en/Press-and-News/Press-Releases/Librify-Announces-BookExpo-Startup-Challenge-at-BEA/

I went to the pitches last year to see what it was about.
http://www.bookexpochallenge.com/

Web Bits

This is Your Brain on Great Literature

How Libraries Are Responding to the Second Digital Divide

No comments: