Thursday, May 22, 2014

Daily Thoughts 05/22/2014



Daily Thoughts 05/22/2014

This morning I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also finished reading A Walk In the Woods by Bill Bryson.  It is an entertaining book which reminds us that we have a place in the natural world.  I also started reading The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.

I checked the displays this morning.  Four art books came in from Art Resources Transfer, Inc. the DUC Distribution to Underserved Communities grant.

I spent some time looking through the exhibitor list from Book Expo America to determine which booths I planned to visit this morning.

The computer lab was open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today.  There is also a computer class tonight for social media focused mainly on Twitter and Facebook.

I read through a copy of Publishers Weekly today.

I looked at the official results for the vote today.  There were 2025 yes votes and 586 no votes.  The four elected trustees were Oscar Davis-- 1435 Votes, Darrell Morton-- 1304 Votes, Brian G. Johnson-- 1199 Votes, and Lynda Bryant-- 942 Votes. 

Web Bits

How to Cull Your E-book Shelf
http://bookriot.com/2014/05/09/cull-e-bookshelf/

No comments: