Saturday, May 24, 2014

Daily Thoughts 05/24/2014

Reverie, Robert Lewis Reid (1862-1929)

Daily Thoughts 05/24/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read The Nonviolence Handbook A Guide for Practical Action by Michael N. Nagler.  This is a short manual on putting the philosophy of nonviolence into action. It includes a reading list in the back of the book. One of our patrons requested some practical books on nonviolence.  Because we buy books on martial arts and the military I thought it would be useful to balance our collection a little bit.  It was not easy to find much that was practical.  I read a little bit of Thrive by Arianna Huffington as well.  She is describing the need to control how much time people spend on cell phones, email, and the internet.  She is also describing how productivity is affected by sleep.

I checked the displays this morning.  I also printed out my itinerary for Book Expo America.  I checked out the movie, The Secret Life of Bees.

Two more books came in for me to read, The Authority by Jeff Vandermeer and The Fusion Marketing Bible by Lon Safko.

On the way home, I read some of Essentialism The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown.  This book is about how to say no and stay focused on what is important.  It reminds people that there are usually only a few things that make a big impact at any given time. Right now, the things I have been asked to focus on are weeding, the website, and programming.

Web Bits


The Numbers Game Data Driven Libraries

No comments: