Monday, May 12, 2014

Daily Thoughts 05/12/2014

Photograph of Widener Library reading room, circa 1920, Unknown Photographer
Daily Thoughts 05/12/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I also read some more of The Book Thief.  There is a lot of irony in this book.  Hans Junior the son of Hans Huberman dies at Stalingrad.  One of the more abstract characters is death who recognizes all the colors of the world.

This morning, I checked the gifts and displays.  This month is National Inventors month.  I also placed an order for new books.  I spent some time working on programming as well.

I spent some time working with the oversize books.  I also put some more flyers for the computer classes.

Web Bits

Leading Library Professionals Offer Important Perspectives at FCC E-Rate Modernization Workshop.
http://www.districtdispatch.org/2014/05/leading-library-professionals-offer-important-perspectives-fcc-e-rate-modernization-workshop/




No comments: