Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Daily Thoughts 05/06/2014

Louise Halevy Reading to Degas, Edgar Degas Photographer, about 1895, Gelatin Silver Print

Daily Thoughts 05/06/2014

On the way to work, I read a little more of Memories, Dreams, Reflections.  Carl Gustav Jung is writing about synchronicity, dreams, and J.B. Rhine.  It is very much about the irrational side of human thinking.  I also read a little bit more of On The Edge.  Alison Levine is describing the concept of team ego or pride in teamwork.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also placed an order for new adult books.  I checked the displays as well.  I checked the gift books.  We got a donation of new mystery paperbacks.

The book, My Boyfriend Barfed In My Handbag... And Other Things You Can't Ask Martha by Jolie Kerr came in for me to read.  I have too much to read right now.  A lot of it is required reading.

Today is the day for the budget vote for the Mount Vernon Public Library.

Please come out and vote yes on the Mount Vernon Public Library Budget on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. in the Grace Greene Baker Community Room.

Mount Vernon Library Budget Trustees Up For Vote Tuesday
http://www.lohud.com/story/news/politics/politics-on-the-hudson/2014/05/05/mount-vernon-library-budget-trustees-vote-tuesday/8740759/

There are lots of people coming through to vote in the community room today.

Mount Vernon Turns Out for First Library Budget Vote
http://mountvernon.dailyvoice.com/news/mount-vernon-turns-out-first-library-budget-vote

I spent a little time working on programming for June today.  My BEA VIP Badge came in today.

Libraries Changing Lives: Transforming Communities Youtube Video: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cwsrgMOcLA&feature=player_embedded

Web Bits

Your Startup’s Best Friend the Local Library


No comments: