Saturday, May 10, 2014

Daily Thoughts 05/10/2014

Woman Reading, Max Weber, 1916

Daily Thoughts 05/10/2014

I checked the libraries Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some of Solomon Northup The Complete Story of the Author of Twelve Years a Slave.  The book verifies the story of Twelve Years a Slave.  It also describes what happens after Solomon Northup's ordeal.  I will probably watch the movie tonight or tomorrow.

I checked the displays and gift books this morning.

People have been asking about the results of the library vote.

I spent some more time working on the oversize books today.  In addition, I am working with a colleague to create a plan for Adult Summer Reading in July and August.  I also spent a little time working on scheduling.

I started reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak tonight.  It is set in nazi germany with a young adopted girl as the main character.

Web Bits

Fran Olans: Libraries Are a Pillar of Civilized Society
http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/my-view/fran-olans-libraries-are-a-pillar-of-a-civilized-society-20140506



10 Stunning Photos of Libraries Show Just How Important They are to American Culture
http://www.policymic.com/articles/89015/10-stunning-photos-of-libraries-show-just-how-important-they-are-to-american-culture

No comments: