Sunday, May 25, 2014

Daily Thoughts 05/25/2014

The connoisseur of prints (Dr. Aegidius Timmermann), 1900, Jan Toorop

Daily Thoughts 05/25/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.



I requested Writing Successful Technology Grant Proposals: A LITA Guide by Pamela H. MacKellar through interlibrary loan.


I read a little more of Essentialism the Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown.  It reminds me of the philosophy of not doing.  The central tenet being that what you choose not to do is more important than what you choose to do.

I watched the film, The Secret Life of Bees.  It followed the book very well and was an excellent film.

I spent some time looking at the purchase alerts, the New York Times Bestsellers, and the website Earlyword.

Web Bits 




Talking Stick In Hand, Tom Robbins Tells His Own Story
http://www.npr.org/2014/05/25/315299261/talking-stick-in-hand-tom-robbins-tells-his-own-story?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=books&utm_medium=social&utm_term=artsculture

As Publishers Fight Amazon Books Vanish
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/05/23/amazon-escalates-its-battle-against-hachette/?src=me&module=Ribbon&version=origin&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Most+Emailed&pgtype=article
  

No comments: