Sunday, July 2, 2017

Daily Thoughts 07/02/2017



Cigarette smuggling with a book. This exhibit was on display in the main customs office in Munich., 2011, Public Domain

Daily Thoughts 07/02/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I placed a hold on the book, The Wealth of Humans by Ryan Avent.

I am looking at the Human Library site. This site allows you to setup conversations with people which your patrons can then arrange to have.
http://humanlibrary.org/

Another site that is interesting is http://www.code.org   They are the organization which is famous for The Hour of Code.

I did some more exercises in Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain Today.  I drew an upside down picture of Spiderman and an upside down picture of a man.  I found it enjoyable and relaxing.

I also read some more of Extreme Ownership.  I am reading about the concept of owning up to your mistakes because you are in a position of authority.

I read some of Small Hours: A Novel by Jennifer Kitses.  We are reading it for a book club on Thursday, July 27 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m..  The story is about the life of a couple during a twenty four hour period.

Web Bits

A Tiny Indian Publisher Is Translating Hidden Gems of World Literature for Global Readers

No comments: