Friday, July 28, 2017

Daily Thoughts 07/28/2017

Reid Robert Lewis Reverie.jpg
Reverie, Robert Lewis Reid

Daily Thoughts 07/28/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Meddling Kids today.  It is on the New York Times bestseller list.  I like the references to Miskatonic University, Arkham, and lake monsters.

I worked a little bit with the 900s.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

I spent an hour covering children's reference which is not something which I usually do.

I met with Peter Sherrill for an hour to discuss a local author fair planned for October.

I spent a little time working on my Planning and Management of Library Buildings assignment.

I also spent some time getting ready for the Community Development Block Grant meeting tomorrow 10:00 a.m..

I finished reading Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero. It draws from eldritch horror, comedy, and Scooby Doo.  The story is fun to read.  There are plenty of plot twists.  It is a supernatural take on the teen detectives becoming grown ups with adult problems.  It was a nice escape from every day life.

Web Bits


GIFS, Webcomics, Memes, and More Join the Library of Congress Archives

Indonesian Library Built from 2000 Icecream Buckets

No comments: