Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Daily Thoughts 07/18/2017

Le Cannet Madame Lebasque Reading in the Garden by Henri Lebasque.jpeg
"Le Cannet, Madame Lebasque Reading in the Garden," 
oil on canvas, by the French artist Henry Lebasque. 55.4 cm. x 61.3 cm. (21.81 in. x 24.13 in.) Private collection. Image courtesy of The Athenaeum.


Daily Thoughts 07/18/2017
I checked the Twitter and Facebook this morning for the library.

On the way to work, I read some more of Homo Deus.  I found the idea of  tying humanism with liberalism, fascism, and communism to be a bit of a stretch.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I checked some of the biography books today as well.

I read the latest copy of the Ingram Advance and the New York Times Book Review.  I also read a copy of the latest Bookpage.

I did some scheduling for July as well as some work on the annual schedule.

Web Bits


Game of Thrones Made It Abundantly Clear Why Real Medieval Libraries Chained Their Books


No comments: