Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Daily Thoughts 07/04/2017

Man reading a newspaper - Rene Magritte
Man Reading A Newspaper, Rene Magritte, 1928

Daily Thoughts 07/04/2017

Happy 4th of July!

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook today.

I read some more of Small Hours A Novel.  Jennifer Kitses does a good job of describing the kind of every day cruelties and mistakes which people can make which destroy their lives slowly.

I started reading Visual Intelligence Sharpen Your Perception, Change Your Life by Amy E. Herman.  This book is about how to pay attention visually.  The author uses training in how to see like an artist to increase the ability to pick up visual cues and see items in your environment.  I just spent a little bit of time doing an exercise in the book focused on drawing things from memory.  The artwork which we used was Rene Magritte, The Portrait, 1935.

I finished making my viewfinder and my picture plane as described by Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.  I drew my hand a few times with an erasable marker.  I was surprised how easy and accurate it was to do this with a picture plane and a viewfinder.

I worked a little bit on my class, Planning and Management of Library Buildings today.  I am reading about maintenance and operations of library buildings.

Web Bits


'The Library of Unread Books' is an Epic Global Library Project

At 10,000 Feet in Colorado's Rockies, A Library Takes Shape, Blending  Nature and Books


No comments: