Monday, July 17, 2017

Daily Thoughts 07/17/2017

Interior with a Young Violinist - Gerrit Dou
Interior With a Young Violinist, Gerit Dou, 1637

Daily Thoughts 07/17/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Homo Deus on the way to work.  I am reading about how we create stories about nations, gods, and corporations.  How humans organize themselves around abstract concepts.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also worked on some orders of books.

I handed in the CDBG Community Development Block Grant at noon today.

I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read.  I also have a copy of the Ingram Advance for August to read.

I am meeting with the Literacy volunteers today at 2:15 p.m. in the fiction room.  The meeting was interesting.  We had three people who came.

The Adult Board Game night is today from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I read a little bit more of Homo Deus on the way home.  I am finding that some of the descriptions of what humanism is to be inaccurate and simplistic. Also, some of the statements about religious belief are questionable.  I like many of the ideas in the book, but do not find them to be convincing.

Web Bits


Digital Inclusion Week at SFPL

Reay to Code Faculty Get Ready to Go at ALA Annual !

No comments: