Friday, July 21, 2017

Daily Thoughts 07/21/2017

File:Félix Vallotton, 1915 - La bibliothèque.jpg
Felix Vallotton, 1915, La Bibliotheque

Daily Thoughts 07/21/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.


On the way to work, I read some more of How To See How To Draw.  I was reading about different types of inks, papers, and pencils.  I also read a little bit more of Organized Enough.

I checked the gift books and the displays today.

I checked some of the oversize titles as well as some of the 900s.  I spent a little time looking at some books that are not in the system as well.


I read the latest New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list. 


I also spent some time putting together the sign up sheets for the computer classes.


There is a Teen Computer Class today from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on HTML 5 and CSS 3.

I spent some time working on my assignment for the Planning and Management of Library Buildings.  They are asking us to design a children's area.

The library is working on a Read Down Your Fines program.

On the way home, I read some more of Organized Enough.  I am reading about time management in relation to organization.  Amanda Sullivan reminds us we should do our big projects first.


Web Bits


Community Centered:  23 Reasons Why Your Library is the Most Important Place In Town

Creators Discuss The Importance of Libraries in Promoting Literacy-- Comics

The Life and Death of the Library of Alexandria
http://lithub.com/the-life-and-death-of-the-library-of-alexandria/

No comments: