Saturday, July 29, 2017

Daily Thoughts 07/29/2017


Lady Reading Poetry, by Ishibashi Kazunori, 1905

Daily Thoughts 07/29/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I prepared for the CDBG meeting on the train to work.

The Community Development Block Grant meeting went very well.  The Mayor and the Planning Department were there as well as a colleague who helped out with things.  She always does a better job with programs than I do.  I follow her lead.  I did a get a chance to talk about parking and preservation of the building.  The presentation was excellent.  It was mainly about housing and helping the community.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

Saturdays are a half day.  I checked out the book, 100 Greatest Graphic Novels The Good. The Bad.  The Epic by Katrina Hill and Alex Langley.  This is a collection of suggested graphic novels.  There were a few that I requested after looking through the book.  I put the graphic novels Brain Camp by Susan Kim on hold as well as Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol on hold.

I also checked out Getting Started In Stock Analysis Illustrated Edition by Michael C. Thomsett and No One Is Coming to Save Us by Stephanie Powell Watts which is an official selection of the American Library Association for their book club.  http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2017/06/sarah-jessica-parker-announces-first-pick-ala-s-book-club-central

I spent some time looking at bank websites.

Web Bits


The Death of Reading Is Threatening the Soul

Brookhart: Internet Making Librarians More Important


No comments: