Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Daily Thoughts 07/26/2017

Le Gouter - Marie Bracquemond
Le Gouter, Marie Bracquemond, 1880

Daily Thoughts 07/26/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Work Clean today.  I am reading about how chefs prepare before they start doing anything.  Part of this is creating a to do list then figuring out the number of items that should be on the list and prioritizing them.  It is also about control and organization of workspace.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I spent some time discussing the annual calendar with a colleague.  We are also working on a monthly calendar.

I spent some time going through my old bookmarks and readers advisory material.  I have about seven different bookmarks.

I also have been working with literacy today.

I checked some of the 900s.

I applied for a box of books from the Poulin Project.
http://www.artresourcestransfer.org/poulin

This morning, I wrote the beginnings of an assignment for my Planning and Management of Library Buildings class.  I finished it tonight.  It is on a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for a new library.

Web Bits


Renovations at Old Carnegie Library Uncover Lost Works of Art

Support Voiced for Designation of Library's Main Reading Room

Greenpoint Library and Environmental Education Center by Marble Fairbanks


No comments: