Monday, July 3, 2017

Daily Thoughts 07/03/2017

Abend im Café Bauer - Lesser Ury
Abend im Cafe Bauer, Lesser Ury, 1898

Daily Thoughts 07/03/2017

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I did another exercise in Drawing On the Right Side of the Brain this morning.  I need to buy some more drawing supplies to do the next exercises.  I bought a few more things to make some devices needed for the drawing class.

I spent some time figuring out my schedule for the week.

Tomorrow is July 4, 2017, Independence Day.

I finished reading Extreme Ownership How U.S. Navy Seals Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin.  This book is about leadership as done by the Navy Seals in the Iraq war.  This book focuses on how to maintain discipline both in the board room and in warfare.  It is a very patriotic book.  It is a book which focuses on teaching people to take responsibility for their actions and lead.  I found the writing to be quite intense and the examples to be gripping because they came from the battlefield and then were applied to business.  The writing is very straightforward and the explanations are very clear.  It was worth reading.

I read some more of Small Hours by Jennifer Klein.  I am enjoying reading the scenes with Tom where he works in wire service at the lowest level.

Web Bits


LBJ  Library Honors Public Broadcasting's  History With a New Exhibit

Nearly 200 Immigrants Take Citizenship Oaths at New York Public Library


No comments: